MBA Membership Eligibility
Military Benefit Association membership is open to:
- Active duty service members
- Retired service members
- Honorably discharged service members
- National Guard members
- Cadets and Midshipmen at the military academies
- United States Public Health Service employees
- NOAA employees
- Full-time federal government employee
Spouses are also eligible to join and can apply for insurance coverage. Your children may also be covered by our insurance plans or carry an additional plan using your membership. MBA members who don’t purchase MBA insurance will still have free access to many valuable benefits.
Articles of Organization
ARTICLE III, Section 2
- a. Application for membership in the Association shall be received and entertained from the following:
- (1) Active Duty Membership: Personnel who are on active duty in any component of the following Uniformed Services: the United States Army, the United States Navy, the United States Air Force, the United States Marine Corps, the United States Coast Guard, the United States Public Health Service, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or Cadets or Midshipmen attending the United States Military Academy, the United States Naval Academy, the United States Air Force Academy, the United States Coast Guard Academy or the United States Merchant Marine Academy.
- (2) Associate Membership: Personnel who are entitled to receive pay in any of the Reserve Components of the United States Uniformed Services, or who are full-time civilian employees of the U.S. Government and U.S. citizens, or spouses and dependents of persons who qualify for membership under paragraphs (1), (2) or (3) of Section 2 of this article.
- (3) Veteran Membership: Personnel who have retired from active duty with pay in one of the United States Uniformed Services and persons who have been honorably discharged from active duty.
- (4) Auxiliary Membership: Adults who were at one time dependents of Association members.
- b. Any member may continue membership as an Associate member of the Association upon separation, discharge or transfer from active duty, retirement, or upon termination of employment, under honorable conditions.
- c. Enrollment of new members, who may otherwise be eligible for membership, may be limited, curtailed or stopped entirely at any time without prior notice by the Association whenever such action is deemed in the best interests of the Association. The Board of Directors acting under authority of Article VIII of these Articles of Organization shall issue any such rules or regulations with respect to changes in policy or eligibility for enrollment of new members.